This is a state-of-the-art, multi-purpose, expedition-weight base layer by Patagonia. Pair the R1® Flash Top with other layers in cold, damp weather conditions or wear it alone as a single layer as the thermometer begins to rise from cold to cool.
Best of all, when you "buy Patagonia," you buy into their wonderful sustainability, recyclability, and "1% for the Planet" mission — initiatives that we, too, fully support!
With the most amazing wicking performance we've ever seen, this top has these special, high-performance features:
- Trim fit and sized for next-to-skin performance: it's still roomy enough to accommodate a thin baselayer
- Stretchy R1 fabric with 2% spandex provides excellent warmth, moisture management, and breathable comfort
- Fabric's amazing interior grid structure enhances compressibility and allows greater airflow
- Lightweight yarns wick moisture away from skin
- Outer, high-surface-area microfiber yarns speed evaporation
- Jersey microfiber face for low-friction, non-binding layering
- Offset (to the right) front zipper for chin comfort
- Chin flap is made from a continuous piece of R1 fabric that lines the whole neck
- Brushed polyester mesh chest pocket welded to the inside with a reverse coil welded-in zipper
- Lightweight, low-grid polyester stretch panels under the arms increases breathability, moisture transport, and mobility
- Low-grid polyester stretch panels at the wrist and along the bottom hem reduce bulk for use with gloves and harness
- Cuffs have welded-in elastic for reduced bulk
- Patagonia's patented R1® fabric is a 6.5-oz 98% polyester, 2% spandex (Polartec® Power Dry®) treated with a wicking finish